2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Leeds University Union - Room 5
Free - book a place
Accessible, Accessible venue, Alcohol free, Free, Over 18s onlyBook your place
About this event
- Experience the type of activities we do in Leeds Mind peer support groups
- Learn how we keep our groups safe
- Find out about our mental health skills-based courses and workshops as well as our THRU groups for young people aged 16-25.
Interested? Book a place on our intro session:
“I have learned lots about myself and how to manage my mental health. I know that I am not alone and I have tried new coping strategies. I feel more able to cope.
This Introduction session gives you a chance to experience the peer support model. This session will give you a taster of the sort of activities we do at Leeds Mind. These include mental health skills-based courses and workshops as well as our young people’s support group THRU.
It is a group work session, so everyone participates in activities and can have the opportunity to speak without being interrupted within the group. We understand this can be a bit daunting to start with and you won’t be asked to share anything personal or difficult in the introduction session. We will never ask you to share anything you don’t feel comfortable with, and our group facilitators are trained to keep the group safe and confidential.
These groups provide an opportunity to:
- Meet others with similar experiences
- Share your experiences in a safe and supportive space
- Develop skills to manage your mental health and wellbeing