1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
About this event
Join us on Wednesday 19th February for a trip down to the Leeds-Liverpool canal, an ideal setting on flat water for you to experience kayaking outdoors.
This trip provides an opportunity for you to kayak outside on flat water. The main focus of the session will be on doing some beginner strokes, gaining water confidence and having fun. This session is ideal for beginners.
For safety reasons you must be able to swim 50m and tread water for 2 minutes in order to be able to take part in this session.
Date & Time:
Wednesday 19th February, 13:30-16:30
Leeds and Liverpool Canal
If you need to pay by cash please contact the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
This will cover:
- Transport to and from the canal
- Hire of equipment: kayak, paddle, spray deck, helmet, buoyancy aid and cagoule
- Expert tuition on the water
What you need to bring
Please come in sportswear for the session. You will also need to bring:
- Spare change of clothes in case you get wet
- A warm layer to put on after
- Water bottle and snacks for after the session
Meeting point & time
Please meet at University Union Steps at 13:20 - the Activator leading the trip will be there to greet you and will be wearing a green Get Out, Get Active t-shirt.
We aim to be back on campus for 16:30.