6. Don’t streak, invade the pitch or throw anything. We know it’s easy to get a bit carried away with all the buzz and excitement that comes with Varsity, but all these actions will result in a £1000 on the spot fine, plus potential criminal prosecution and disciplinary action from the Uni or Union. Save your passion for cheering on the Gryphons, not creating a disturbance.
7. Remember that Headingley Stadium is cashless. Bring your credit or debit card, or pay with your smartphone if you want to purchase refreshments at the match.
8. Stay on your best behaviour. There will be a police presence and CCTV in operation both inside and outside of the stadium at the Varsity finale, so bear that in mind in the way you behave, and follow all the rules listed here.
9. Be prepared for the use of pyrotechnics, special effects and flash photography during the games. If these effects are likely to cause an issue for you, we advise that you prioritise your wellbeing and do not attend the games. If you’ve already booked your ticket, you can check out terms and conditions, including the refund policy, here.
10. Keep it considerate. It’s really important that we maintain a positive relationship with local residents. That means keeping the noise down (you can make all the noise you want at our designated after party!) and not dropping litter. You can discover our community pledges in full at the end of this page.
Failure to adhere to the Headingley Stadium Ground Regulations will result in ejection and disciplinary from either University and/or their respective Students’ Union.