Places to take your parents
Looking for something a bit fancier? We’ve got you covered. Here are some Leeds restaurants that will make the right impression.
- The Reliance: Foodie parents? The Reliance is the place for you. This sophisticated bar and dining room with an ever-changing menu is bound to be a winner.
- Stuzzi: If Italian is more your thing, why not try some of Stuzzi’s delicious ‘Stuzzichini’ small and sharing plates?
- Heaney & Mill: This Headingley-based restaurant offers great variety, with breakfast, lunch, dinner and a separate Sunday menu available. Choose from classics like risotto and steak – it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Wen’s Restaurant: This family-owned Chinese restaurant is a real Leeds gem, with a menu that exceeds expectations. Take a look at what The Observer’s Jay Rayner had to say, then pile in and order an array of dishes to share.
- Home: Home Cantonese restaurant serves up authentic dishes with the best quality ingredients and is located extremely close to campus – it couldn’t be more convenient (or delicious!)
We’ve already mentioned some great places for vegetarians and vegans, but here’s some bonus options for good measure.
- Bundobust: This meat-free Indian street food restaurant is a tasty way to look after the environment.
- Döner Summer: Grab some vegan junk food, from kebabs to fried ‘chicken’ at this trendy plant-based eatery.
- JJ’s Vish and Chips: Plant-based chippy classics, from classic ‘fish’ and chips to scampi or sausage. What’s not to love?
- Rudy’s Pizza: This authentic Neapolitan pizza is some of the very best pizza you’ll taste in Leeds. Combined with decent prices and great surroundings, this is a good bet for a successful date night. Or order in via Deliveroo if you’re staying at home.
- Hyde Park Book Club: Not strictly a date night spot, Hyde Park Book Club does brunch, drinks and more, including a limited evening food menu. Head over for reasonably priced drinks, nice independent vibes and a great events programme.
- Friends of Ham: This city centre spot does delicious cheese, charcuterie and craft beer for a romantic date night.
- House of Fu: This ramen bar gets rave reviews about its innovative ramen, rice and gyoza dishes. Its bright interior is pretty great as well.
Want to discover more of your LUU Welcome experience? Visit our Welcome webpage for events, advice and more.