What we’re all about
The purpose of the society is to increase the awareness and understanding of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. From banking to voting to social media, blockchain technology has a vast array of potential applications. Whether you want to learn more about the current and future uses of blockchain technology or discuss the economics of cryptocurrencies, LUUCABS is the place to be. If any of this intrigues or excites you, then make sure you join our society. After all, it's free.
- Cryptocurrency trading workshops (safe ways to buy, store and trade cryptocurrencies)
- Coding workshops (how to code on the blockchain)
- Discovery lectures - what are cryptocurrencies? what is the blockchain? Why do cryptocurrencies have value? How can blockchain change the world?
- Internships and networking in the cryptocurrency and blockchain community
- Forums of discussion around relevant topics such as the energy usage of the bitcoin network, Proof of stake vs Proof of work, and much more
- External speakers giving in-depth talks about certain areas of cryptocurrency or blockchain
- Various workshops giving relevant and applicable skills to attendees
- Visit cryptocurrency and blockchain conferences, such as Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam
- Attend tech conferences and meetups in and around Leeds
- Bowling, laser tag, visiting bars that accept cryptocurrencies as payment and more
A standard one-year membership is free.