What we’re all about
Women's cricket welcome all abilities, whether you know what silly point means or not. Their training sessions are constructive and fun and they also provide regular relaxed socials to ensure that all new and old cricketers feel comfortable. Training takes place indoors throughout the winter before moving outdoors after Easter and more experienced players have the chance to join the MCCU teams.
Training takes place Fridays 5pm-7pm in the Edge Sports Hall 1A during Terms 1 & 2 and Tuesdays & Thursdays 6pm-9pm at Weetwood. On top of this we also provide fitness sessions to help to improve our overall sport performance.
*Additional net sessions are frequently arranged on Wednesdays 3-4pm at Headingley Indoor Centre
We host socials every Wednesday, and have a variety of regular social events from pub crawls to trampolining to beer pong tournaments.
- £35 Standard Annual Membership
- £45 Standard Annual Membership with T-Shirt bundle membership
Early-Bird exclusive deals (available from 18 – 23 September)
- £30 Standard Annual Membership
- £40 Standard Annual Membership with T-Shirt bundle membership
* Membership gives you access to professional training sessions, chance to play both indoor and outdoor cricket games, fitness training, discounts on deals at socials and the chance to buy the LUU cricket kit. We also provide kit (pads, gloves, helmet and bats) for those that are starting out or don't have kit!
For more experienced players, we've teamed up with Leeds Beckett to form an MCCU team with the highest quality training. This includes one-to-one batting sessions, regular net sessions and a weekly strength and conditioning session. If you're interested, further details will be provided at our regular training sessions and on our members' Facebook page.
Throughout this year at Women's Cricket, we aim to encourage all members to get involved with our fundraising opportunities through events such as raffles and ColorMeRad. We encourage our members to make a positive impact on the local community. Last year (2016/17) we successfully raised over £1,200 for charity. We assist members in getting involved in creating their own fundraising events such as open-mic nights or anything you can think of! This enhances employability and lets you get to know what it is like to be part of the committee.
Please be aware that we do not provide personal accident insurance cover related to this activity. If you would like any cover, please seek this individually. Here are some providers that you might wish to consider: Endsleigh, Sports Direct.
For further information or queries, please contact the committee.
- Club Captain: Emma Woods email@example.com
- Secretary: Emily Day firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Paola Bosini email@example.com