What we’re all about
Who are we?
We are a friendly, Christian faith society, who aim to help students gain a well-rounded education and find a family away from home. We believe in a holistic approach to student life and work together to help students excel in their academics, health and social and spiritual lives. We work to support every student on campus and warmly welcome all faiths and cultures. We look forward to meeting you soon!
What we believe…
Our denomination of Christian faith is called Seventh-day Adventist. The foundations of what of we believe are based soley upon the Bible; and we strive to live our lives in accordance with these beliefs.
What does our name mean?
The ‘Seventh-day’ is on our name means we worship on the seventh-day of the week or the Sabbath (from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset) in accordance with fourth commandment (Exodus 20:11).
And the ‘Adventist’ in our name means we believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ (Revelation 1:7, John 14:3).
What we do
- Join us every Friday for Care Group, a time where we come together in for a home cooked meal, share with other students and learn simple lessons from the Bible and how they apply in our daily lives.
- Nature walks, hikes and exploring Yorkshire!
- Healthy affordable vegetarian and vegan cooking classes
You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to prepare a vegetarian dish or two in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. (Free food!)
- Healthy habit challenges, Natural remedy classes, Optimal health fairs and more…
- Community service and Volunteering opportunities
- Study tip workshops and weekly group study session- a great place to gain accountability in studying while with friends who help you to focus and keep motivated.
- Regular socials – Bowling, Ice-skating, Games Nights
Care group is a place where students meet every Friday to share in a free, wholesome meal, meet new friends for life, support each other through challenge's of the week and learn time-tested and effective Bible lessons which have a positive impact on successful daily living.
Date: Every Friday
Location: LUU Room 2
Care Group is free, everyone is welcome and meals always cater for vegetarians and vegans.
Our cooking class will focus on vegan, simple, quick recipes that you can make in your busy university lives and sometimes with interesting ingredients you may not have used or heard of!
Date: Sunday 11 November
Time: 4pm - 7pm
Location: Community Kitchen - Leeds Seventh Day Adventist Church, 169 Meanwood Rd, LS7 1JW
International Food Night
An evening to appreciate different cultures, to socialise, meet new people and share delicious food from around the world.
Look out for more details
Sabbath Youth Lunches
All are welcome to join us on Saturdays at Leeds Central Church for worship and free lunch (169 Meanwood Road, Leeds, LS7 1JW).
Morning worship service and Sabbath school from 9:30am-10:45am
Main service 11am-1pm
Evening service 4pm-6pm
And why not socialise with us after the evening service?