Korean Cooking Workshop – Bulgogi Kimchi Burger with Kimchi Fries
29 September 2021, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
Learn how to make an authentic Korean feast with this exclusive virtual cooking class!
In this 90min online experience, learn how to Koreanize your home cooked favorites. Originally from South Korea, our guest chef Wan Jeong is a freelance food & travel journalist and has worked with a host of renowned chefs; learning about different cuisines, flavours and techniques.
We will share the story behind each dish and snippets from interviews with some of the most renowned chefs in the world! All classes come with vegetarian option, and will include an ingredients list sent out before the day itself.
Bulgogi Kimchi Burger with Kimchi Loaded Fries
For this session, you will learn how to prepare a Bulgogi Kimchi Burger with Kimchi Loaded Fries dish!
Ingredients needed for Bulgogi Kimchi Burger:
1.bulgogi marinade sauce for patties (makes 4 patties)
● 240g (8 oz) ground/minced beef
** For vegetarian: 240g (8 oz) chickpeas, drained
weight, 1 Tbsp water/chickpea liquid, 2 Tbsp flour
● 30g (1 oz) white or yellow onion, finely minced
● 2 tsp minced garlic
● 1⁄4 tsp ginger, very finely minced
● 2 Tbsp soy sauce
● 2 Tbsp sugar
● good pinch of pepper
● 1 Tbsp sesame oil
2. kimchi topping for burger and fries
● 1 cup (approx. 180g) kimchi with juice
● 11⁄2 Tbsp sugar
● 2 tsp sesame oil
● 2 tsp gochujang (Korean red chilli paste)
*Sriracha, harissa, Thai chilli paste and hot sauce
are alternatives for the gochujang. However,
none will have the same complexity of the
3. remaining ingredients
● 4 cheese slices for burger
● 2 burger buns
● a couple of leaf lettuce (*optional)
Ingredients needed for Kimchi Loaded Fries:
1. loaded fries
● 180g frozen fries
● 2 slices of cheese
2. gochujang aioli
● 1⁄3 cup/5 Tbsp mayonnaise
● 2 tsp Korean chilli paste (gochujang)
*Sriracha, harissa, Thai chilli paste and hot sauce are
alternatives for the gochujang.
● 1⁄2 tsp garlic
3. panko topping for loaded fries
● 2 Tbsp panko/breadcrumbs (*substitute crushed
cracker, cornflakes, crisps or rolled oats instead)
● 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
● 1⁄2 tsp chilli powder
4. pre-made kimchi for topping:
**optional: You can make bacon bits to add
crispness and smokiness of an extra flavour.