12:10 pm - 12:50 pm
About this event
After the success of our last Couch to 5K programme in autumn 2019, we are bringing it back! This programme is open to all students and staff at the University of Leeds.
With the expert support of qualified run leaders, we will guide you through an 8 week running programme. This will culminate in a graduation event for all participants at the Leeds 5K series at the Brownlee Cycle Centre. All runners will complete a chip-timed 5K run at this EvenSplits licensed event on Wednesday 25th March at 7:15pm.
The programme involves 8 weekly Tuesday lunchtime coached sessions combining running/jogging and walking starting on Tuesday 4th February 2020. There is an option to begin in the second session on 11th February if you're unable to begin on the 4th February.
The cost of the course is just £20 which includes entry into the chip-timed 5K run on 25th March and you’ll also receive a commemorative certificate of achievement.
The carefully planned sessions will help you progress and build up your fitness whilst improving your running technique before you take on the 5K event at your own pace!
Our run leaders and the Couch to 5K community aim to inspire and educate you to improve your health and wellbeing now and in the future by laying the foundations you need to continue to build physical activity into your everyday life. Take a break from your studies and your desk and get more active in a safe, social and friendly environment.
Sessions take place in Woodhouse Moor and the surrounding areas.
- 8 weekly coached run sessions starting Tuesday 4th February 2020
- 12.10-12.45pm approx.
- Meet every week at Cromer Terrace Gym (changing facilities and showers available here and we will send directions in advance)
- Entry into the chip-timed EvenSplits 5K event on Wednesday 25th March at 7.15pm
- Member of the Couch to 5K social media group so you can interact with other participants and the run leaders
- Certificate of achievement for all finishers at the Brownlee Cycle Centre.
Who Can Attend?
- All students and staff at the University of Leeds
- This programme is suitable for entry level beginners
- It is appropriate for those returning to activity from injury and/or a long break
The cost of this coaching programme and race entry is just £20