Christmas is nearly upon us, which means that house hunting and exams will be kicking off just around the corner too.
If you’re house hunting in the New Year, make sure your potential landlord or letting agency is on the nice list by checking out the agents that won in this years 'Rate Your Landlord Awards':
- Sue Michaels of Leeds Student Homes (10+ properties reviewed and Landlord of the Year Award)
- Elizabeth Ann Blakeborough (2 - 9 Properties Reviewed Category Award)
- George and Gill Tee (1 Property Reviewed Category Award)
- Kexgill (Purpose Built Student Accommodation Provider and Building Award)
- Danny Cohen (Most Improved Landlord Award)
- Ashfield Property (Managing Agency Award)
You can also use the Rate Your Landlord site to see what other people have to say about a house or flat you’re looking at, or about a landlord you’re thinking of signing with. There are lots of great landlords out there, and the website makes it easy to find them.
Before you sign on the dotted line, remember that LUU Advice are happy to check your contract to make sure you aren’t left with any nasty surprises in the new year, and you can use Unipol’s website to access loads of useful resources, such as:
- Info about the deposit protection scheme
- Your rights as a tenant
- Info for your parents
- Help with managing finances