£8.45 per hour (Grade C)
Part time - 10 to 15 hours per week
Fixed Term contract for 12 months
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 26 June 2019
Job ref: 48/19
The role of International Communications Assistant will support the work of our Marketing team, helping us to communicate effectively with international students at Leeds, especially as they arrive here for the first time. We have a growing WeChat account and we'd love to keep building on it as a go to place for Mandarin speaking students to get involved with Uni life.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing, writing and creating content for our WeChat account
- Working on the WeChat strategy to ensure international students are engaged with and supported by LUU
- Becoming an expert in this channel and providing suggestions on ways we can improve it
What we're looking for:
- You'll love digital marketing and social media
- You don't have to have managed a WeChat account before, but it would be good if you have your own personal WeChat or a basic understanding of the platform
- This role is particularly suited to an international student
- You'll need to be able to speak Mandarin
- You'll have initiative, creativity, the ability to tell a great story and work quickly
What you'll get in return:
You’re sure to gain a lot of experience. We give our interns plenty of independence and freedom to create work they are proud to put on their CVs. You'll get one-to-one development and a flexible working hours in a very friendly and social team in a UK organisation that is working to help make international students feel at home at Leeds.
If you are not quite sure what a students’ union is, or are interested but have questions, please get in touch. We are a friendly team and will be very happy to talk to you and answer any questions you have.
Leeds University Union is a charity that helps over 38,000 students love their time at Leeds. Located at the heart of campus, the Union is a space to meet people, make new friends and get involved.
In your application, please explain how you meet the person specification and what you can bring to the team here at LUU.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 26 June 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 09 July 2019
LUU is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its employees. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minority candidates who are currently underrepresented at LUU.