Hello to all new and returning members!
Fencing is a sport for everyone - whether you want competetive training or a social fitness workout, feel free to come to one of our Give It A Go events or drop by one of our training sessions.
- Full training session: Tuesdays 7pm to 10pm (Begginer sessions 7pm to 8.30pm) - The Edge Sports Hall 1
- Fitness: Saturdays 12.30pm to 2.30pm - Cromer Terrace
Our coached beginners sessions are run by Tom Exeter, a top 50 ranked Mens Foilist.
We also have Robert Kiss, an ex-olympic fencer who coaches individual lessons free of charge between 7.30pm-10pm.
We enter 2 teams into the BUCS league every year, travel to various individual competitions in the UK and host our own national fencing open in April (the Uhlmann Trophy).
Last year many of our fencers competed at the BUCS Individuals, with good performances across the board.
Captain: Josh Sambrook
- 2nd in the Northern 1A BUCS League
- 1st in the Christie Cup (The Varsity between the Universities of Leeds, Liverpool, and Manchester)
Captain: Emma Kurtis
- 1st in the Northern 1A BUCS League
- Successfully promoted to the BUCS Northern Premiership
- Runner-up in the Women's BUCS Fencing 2015-16 Trophy
We run regular socials at a variety of locations and bars across Leeds. More details on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LUUFencing/
Semester membership (Sept - Jan/ Jan – July): £25
Full year membership (Sept – July): £40
Session fee (non-members): £5
To join as a member please login to the university union website and then you will be able to buy your membership from this page.
Please be aware that you do not have personal accident insurance cover related to this activity. If you would like any cover, please seek this individually. Here are some providers that you can enquire with:
For further information or queries, please contact the committee.
Facebook (Leeds University Fencing Club): https://www.facebook.com/groups/LUUFencing/
Club Captain: Josh Stuart
Secretary: David Dunbar
Treasurer: Ahmed Al-Basha