What we’re all about
LUUCCC are open to all runners, whatever their level and experience. In the past, they have enabled athletes new to the sport to realise their potential and go on to represent their country. They also incorporate road running, fell racing and middle-distance track events into their training and maintain strong links with the Orienteering and Athletics clubs.
Training is as follows:
• Monday 6.30pm - 3, 5, 7 or 9 mile road run from Cromer Terrace Gym (by the Union) around Leeds
• Tuesday 6.30pm - Grass session at Bodington with our coach Greg Hull. Meet at Sainsbury's in Headingley at 6.10pm
• Wednesday - Rest or own run - check Facebook group.
• Thursday 6:30pm - Winter: Tempo run at Weetwood* or hill session near campus** with Greg. Summer: Track reps at Leeds Beckett track*. *Meet at Sainsbury's in Headingley at 6.10pm; **meet at Cromer Terrace at 6:15pm. Check Facebook or emails for this week's session.
• Friday - Rest or own run - check Facebook group
• Saturday 10.00am - Third training session (check Facebook group for location) if no race. Alternatively Parkrun in Hyde Park (for more information see http://www.parkrun.org.uk/leeds/home)
• Sunday 10.00am - Long run, usually between an 60 and 90 minutes from the Skyrack pub in Headingley