Sports Colours is our chance to celebrate the incredible efforts of our student athletes, teams, volunteers and coaches from our Leeds Sport Clubs. Whether they’ve been awesome on the pitch, or made a difference off the pitch, this is your chance to say thanks and recognise them for their achievements.
Have a look at the 15 different awards below and get your nominations in before 9am on 9 March 2020. When nominating, please refer to the award criteria and make sure it’s clear that your nominee meets the criteria.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 29 April 2020 at the Sports Colours Awards. More information about tickets and the evening itself will be coming soon.
Have a look back at some pictures from last year's Sports Colours Awards.
For any questions or queries please email Beth Stanfield (Sports Coordinator - Events and Communications) at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see all of the winners of the 2019 awards below:
- Social Leagues Team of the Year - Christian Union Netball
- Gryphon Leadership Award - Annalisa Townsend (Netball)
- Sue Jacklin Club Coach of the Year - Aiden Lewis (Football)
- Mike Brook Performance Coach of the Year - Steve Grime (Football)
- Mike Brook Most Improved Team of the Year - Ice Hockey A
- Chris Hatton Award for Most Improved Athlete - Damla Harmanci (Women’s Rugby Union)
- Most Improved Club of the Year - Volleyball
- Committee Member of the Year - Matty Powell (Squash)
- James Burke Team of the Year - Women’s Ski Duals
- Roberts Award for Most Outstanding Athlete - James Willstrop (Squash)
- Club of the Year - Netball